cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Adding Place Error?

Nationally Recognized

Re: Error Adding Place Error?

@Ed4000,

LOL! I had to take my kids to Ireland to show them what a slow it down paced life was really like. Thinking they wouldn't have internet access. Yeah right! You get free internet access ALL OVER THE COUNTRY! lol. Some places the reception isn't that good though lol!

Nationally Recognized

Hey Jennifer! 

I think my maps is disabled. Can you enable it, if that is the hang up..

2337BC39-FF3A-482B-8478-184B9D6726EA.jpegThe error I get.

6C813463-A38D-4171-A4A3-A5CF3D6DB92B.jpegThe source code page..

Thanks! 

Nationally Recognized

INeedAVacation, that’s the same exact thing I keep getting when I try to add something new.

Internationally Known

Guys, I wonder why it's working fine for me? Maybe I'm not doing the same thing?

What I do:

1. Under "Your Travels"  in my profile I click "Add/Edit Places"

2. Click appropriate button (as in your case, "a place I traveled to"

3. Enter town, city, state or country in "search for your place" box above buttons

4. click "Add" on big green button below the 3 option buttons to right above map

Works every time for me, just added 3 cities and 1 country without a hitch. I'm doing in on Firefox Quantum on Win 7 desktop. I will try it later on my Win 10 laptop. Have ya'll tried it on Firefox?

Nationally Recognized

Hey Ed!

No it used to work for me, but when everyone was talking about points and stuff, I knew it had something to do with the codes. Codes can be written in ways that can disable stuff. The code I looked at on my account said "disabled". I could have changed my travels to many times and it locked it on me and threw my map into disabled mode. Who knows. But I hope Jennifer can check it for me and then go from there. I was adding and deleting alot one day on my map so it might have thrown an error to just disable me lol! :)

Nationally Recognized

I don’t know about codes, I just know that after I initially created my profile I haven’t had much luck.  I tried adding to the places I have visited and I get the error.  I tried adding to places I want to go and it worked.  I can’t figure it out.  

Community Manager

Hi @INeedAVacation@gefe57@Ed4000@aesmaily,

We have replicated this issue and it appears it is not affecting all users. We're looking into the maps functionality now. Stay tuned on additional findings. Thank you for the screen shots as well!

Nationally Recognized

Ah! Technology.  Job security for those that know about it.  Thank you.