Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doing it wrong, long vs short?

Highlighted
Stately Explorer

Doing it wrong, long vs short?

Hello Everyone!

Out of curiosity, do you prefer to read fun and detailed stories? Or is the preference short and sweet with some travel tips?

Let me know!

7 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Doing it wrong, long vs short?

There is no right or wrong. I have written 100 words stories with one photo and no details and my latest story had a bunch of photos and 10 details. You get more points if you add details, but of course it takes much more time. I find no difference in the amount of kudos I get between my short stories and my detailed longer stories. So, I’m not quite sure why I go through the effort to write more detailed stories. Sometimes I just like to look at my photos and enjoy writing the story. So, in summary just do what ever inspires you.

Nationally Recognized

i like seeing lots of pictures and tips (especially money saving tips). Word count doesnt matter to me.

Internationally Known

Skye19, I agree with Trips4me.  Write the stories however you wish, there is no right or wrong.  Details are a good thing for people that are interested in visiting the places written about.  I've read a lot of good stories short and long.  Sometimes you want to write a story about a place that you enjoyed and it's difficult to write 100 words, other times you have to be brief or the story could go on for ever. 

Internationally Known

I agree with all of the others. I do read the stories, long is just as good as short. Just keep them coming and have fun. 

RJean
Internationally Known

I enjoy both! Sometimes you can tell about something you have seen without writing a ton and the content is still great. 

Internationally Known

First of all, I agree with everyone who says it is up to you, sometimes you can get your idea across in a few words, sometimes complex thoughts take more space.  Having said that, my own view is that shorter is better.  I think you are likely to get more readers if they can get a quick reward for their efforts.  But, and this a big but; it is the story that counts, and sometimes that takes a great deal more than just 100 words.

Internationally Known

Chiming in to agree with everyone else so far - basically, you do you. I enjoy that there's a diversity of voices on here and that some people write more "this was what happened to me" stories and others write more "this is a thing you could experience too" stories, and some are shorter and some are longer. It's the mix that makes it great!