cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do You Koodoo?

Highlighted
Stately Explorer

Do You Koodoo?

I'm still fairly new here and getting the lay of the land. I've noticed that I get a lot more views than koodoos on my stories, and that seems to be the case for most everyone, so I'm wondering, when you read, do you always give a kudos? Obviously, not every story is going to be worthy of praise, but do you have criteria for your clicks? Just wondering. Happy Travels!

17 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Do You Koodoo?

I think for me it boils down to a person's personality being in the story. I have on occasion kudoed a story that was like, "Go here, if you want to get there do it this way, etc.," but that's... kind of not the point of this community? I like the things people stumble across, and the things people do with their families and friends, whether that's a tried-and-true tourist thing, or one of the many little corners I've learned about just by reading.

Also, if I'm being honest, I kudo more for people who are on here regularly, because they have more stories to share, add more periodically, and engage with my stories as well. For a long time I didn't really get or care about who was looking at my stories and/or kudoing them, and then I realized... wait, these fine people are seeing something of value here (at least the penny or whatever it works out to per kudo). So I started clicking around and finding authors whose style I enjoyed, and throwing a few pennies their way by reading through their stories and kudoing. As the author it makes you feel good to receive them, and as the kudo-er it costs nothing to bestow that feeling: win-win!

Internationally Known

I LOVE to kudo 😀. I’m fairly new and still learning my way around the site but already I have found writers I enjoy so I follow them and when I have extra daily kudos I dig back into their old stories 😀. 

Internationally Known

Yes, kudos-ing is one of the best features of this site, in my opinion. Being able to reward an author for their story has never been easier than just pressing the kudos button. About a year ago (I think) they started the notification bell feature in the upper right of the page. Before that, you couldn't see who kudosed your story and kudoses definitely weren't as prevalent. I love that the feature was added so you can see who is interested in your stories and then check out their stories as well.

Nationally Recognized

Yes, I always try to reward good stories with Kudos. If it is well-written and well-researched, I will definitely give a Kudo, even if the story discusses a place that I do not plan to visit.

There have been a large number of outstanding stories posted on here lately. Last evening, I got caught up of a lot of reading and gave out a lot of Kudos. This morning, I gave out 4 or 5 and I got the "100 Kudos per Day" error. Apparently, the reset time is not Midnight local time. I certainly understand the reason for the daily limit, I just need to be mindful of the reset time when getting caught up after being off for a few days.

Stately Explorer

What a wonderful insight, Echochaser21. Thank you for that. I will take that as good advice. :-)

Stately Explorer

I do too, MimiPlumb. If someone has lots of stories, I like to go back to their beginning and see how their style has evolved. Thank you. :-)

Stately Explorer

That's good to know, markr867. I think there was another thread about seeing all the kudos because just the last one who kudoed shows plus 2 or whatever, but that at least gives you an idea whe who gave the kudos. I agree that the kudos is a great way to give positive feedback. 

Stately Explorer

Oh, I wasn't aware there was a limit. Thanks for that information. I agree, lately there seems to have been an influx of really interresting stories. I start reading and clicking and suddenly it's lunchtime. There's some really great informtiaon for places to go and things to do, as well as stories of places I'll only dream of going to. Thanks BelfryBat. :-)

Nationally Recognized

Yes, I have hit the limit a couple of times when getting caught up on stories. I think that I have a few more hours in Kudo Jail before I can give Kudos again. This policy makes good sense, as does Barclay's reasoning behind it. I just have to be patient...