cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing posts

Internationally Known

Disappearing posts

In responding to a post, my answer was deleted and the post I was responding to was also deleted, and a big red banner said "access denied." It was very strange. I was able to repost my answer but this made me think (a rare thing I know :-):  If we post a question and/or post an answer, perhaps we need to check to see if it was actually posted, otherwise the person with the question will not know we actually answered.  

15 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Disappearing posts

Dyrd1955,  I haven't run across that nasty Red Banner that way, I have only seen it when one of my stories disappear.  It's a sinking feeling when I see that and know I have to start the story all over again.  I started copying my stories to the notepad and saving it for a little bit to make sure my story stays posted.  But, like I said I have never seen that *#@!*& red banner with myposts ofr answers to a post. 

Nationally Recognized

I have gotten that a couple of times with no rhyme or reason really and I'm not sure why it happens. I do always copy and paste my story to my clipboard when I move to the page where you add the photo because I really don't want to waste my time. Sometimes just refreshing and starting over helps and sometimes it doesn't....

Internationally Known

That is strange. I did not have any experience on disappearing stories when you respond to posts. 

I have had a few stories disappeared but never had access denied message. The total number of strories disappeared in the past two years would be perhaps 3 or 4. I think the system is set to detect some of the sensitive words and automatically remove stories. However, none of my stories disappeared contained any sensitive words, at least that was what I thought. As a precaution, like other members do, I do copy the texts before posting just in case something happen. 

Internationally Known

I don’t use words or try not to use words that would be reason for a story disappearing.  The funny thing is, if a story disappears I just cut and paste what I saved, submit the story again and the story posts.  Go figure, I can’t.

Internationally Known

I was not writing nor responding to a story, I was just responding to a question under the Let's Talk Travel section.  That had me think, if someone asks a question and does not receive any answers, maybe they were deleted.  

Internationally Known

Now I understood what you meant. I saw the question and your answer that you are referring to. 

@dyrd1955 wrote:

That had me think, if someone asks a question and does not receive any answers, maybe they were deleted.  

Actually, I have a question unanswered for more than two months by now and it is still there in the Let's Talk Travel. So, there must be something else. 

Nationally Recognized

Aha. I also misunderstood that. What you are actually referring to has never happened to me, so I am really not sure.

Internationally Known

It was my post that dyrd1955 was responding to that disappeared along with his reply. The only thing I can think of was that my post contained a link to an outside website, so maybe that's what triggered it. Otherwise just another glitch with no rhyme or reason. I've gotten the red banner and access denied page several times before. I think maybe it occurred when I had been inactive for awhile and came back and hit the back button from where I was after the system had automatically logged me out somehow. Many times when I write a story after being on the site for awhile, I'll hit submit and nothing will happen. So I'll have to log out and log back in, then redo the story (from my copied to wordpad version) and it will go fine. But for whatever reason the title will still be in the site's memory.

Internationally Known

So it was your fault Ed.  Lol! Standing here in Key West in the shade of the bus waiting, with some chickens, for the driver to retur and take us back to Miami Beach.  Decided to catch up a little on the discussions.