cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digging into users' past travel stories and a way to give kudos

Internationally Known

Digging into users' past travel stories and a way to give kudos

I believe it was @Stromtroopin2 a long time ago who showed us how to dig around in past stories most efficiently and I have used this system ever since (works best for me on a desktop). Thought I bring it up again for those who are fairly new to this community.

Guess everybody knows how to read somebody's stories. Click on the author's name, then click on "view profile" and you will see all the stories ever written by this author.

Now if you want to read past stories, you have basically two options:

1) you can go back page by page by clicking on "next" below the posts you see on that page (which can be very time consuming if you want to read say page 50 or so) or

2) you can click on one of the numbers that you see below the pictures (< previous 1 2 3 ...334 next>) and change the page in the search bar on top of your screen. The last number you see in the search bar is the page. Change it manually to whatever page you would like to see and press enter.

This is in particular helpful if you want to give kudos for past travel stories (as you might have already given kudos for the most recent ones). You can give only one kudo per story, ever.

8 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Digging into users' past travel stories and a way to give kudos

That’s great info.  👍🏻 I’ve been in kudos jail since yesterday afternoon so IOU.  Haha!  I’ll give it looksee in a little bit.  I like some have spent a lot of time thumbing through pages of stories to get to the last story I gave kudos.  

Internationally Known

@Gefe57, glad that was helpful...like you, that's what I used to do and it did cost me a lot of time. For whatever reason, the system only works on my desktop. On my IPad, it does not show me the number of the page in the search bar...so I can't change it manually. So everytime I am traveling, I have to revert to the old system and go through page after page. Bummer! If anybody has an answer to that, I would appreciate it :-)

Internationally Known

It will work on mobile/tablets, it is just a little more confusing. In the address bar, you have to click and then get the magnifying thing (really technical term, I know) to come up and scroll all the way over to the end of the URL. The page number will be there and you can change it that way :) 

Internationally Known

@markr867, thanks for that!!! A life saver!! ;-) Was sitting in bed at night during vacations and going through endless pages...glad I raised the question!

Internationally Known

@Liketraveling and @Markr867,  great info.  Thank you, I'll check it out a little later. 

Jeff

County Wise

Solid tip, thanks for sharing this. Makes navigating through pages of stories much easier (and picking out a specific page) if you have seen all the recent ones. 

Internationally Known

Oh, wow, yeah good info and so much easier. Just tried it out!

City Slicker

@markr867 wrote:

It will work on mobile/tablets, it is just a little more confusing. In the address bar, you have to click and then get the magnifying thing (really technical term, I know) to come up and scroll all the way over to the end of the URL. The page number will be there and you can change it that way :) 

Having hard time browsing using my phone as well. Gonna try these tricks next.