cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Barclay IT Dept, Why are our stories disappearing?

Internationally Known

Re: Dear Barclay IT Dept, Why are our stories disappearing?

Thanks for the update JenniferH, might want to look into the "Stories Authored" and "Story Kudos" counters on our Statistics as well, they appear to be frozen and not working. Thanks

Nationally Recognized

@ Everyone including Barclay management....

Not to be mean or anthing but you guys have a serious issue with your IT department. Not only with this site not updating points and losing stories (it seems like a human has to update points and if that's the case... oh lord!) but also with the entire Barclay card website.

As an example: I always pay my bills ahead of schedule, yet the past 2 months I've been charged a late payment fee... my balance never updates correctly after I make a payment so I think I'm good to go... WRONG!!! 

I'm not sure if you guys are in London or in the US, but you need to hire someone in your IT department that knows what he/she is doing. Because nothing ever gets updated correctly.

Don't hold this against me, block me or ban me from this travel site cuz I learn alot about places. However, I think a change is needed in your corporate IT department. Aka: check out websites - any website - US Bank, Chase, Wells Fargo, Bank of America etc. I've never ever had a problem without my accounts being updated immediately.... never. Immediately... 

Now go onto my Barclay account and it will only show my "bill" balance. That never ever updates to be correct. That's where the error is on that site... 

Also, I think people get frustrated on your sites because of those things and cancel their cards and quit using this site because it's such a hassle and in the long run, it's not worth it for them.

Just another opinion.

Hope you guys can make some good changes in your company to keep everyone happy and loyal customers.

Community Manager

Hi @Ed4000, Thanks for your feedback. I'm showing your verified statistic totals are matching up to the miles displaying on your profile. I'm also looking closely at the kudos you are receiving (and by whom). We will update the group about any issues that we discover. At this point, the data is lining up for your activity up until your Diving Jamaica story. 

Internationally Known

JenniferH, if you could look into my profile, I would appreciate it. According to my calculations, I have 262 full pages of stories (I can only see 5 per page), and 3 on the last page. That comes out to 1,313 stories. But my profile is only showing (and only giving me credit) for 1,304.

Internationally Known

Hi again @JenniferH, thanks for looking at it. I'm looking at same situation as markr867, I have 1091 stories, but only showing 1085 on counter (and story kudos unchanged as well). If it's correct up until but not including "Diving Jamaica" and the one story I've written since that one, it should be 1089 according to my calculations. And total community miles hasn't updated today to reflect yesterday's activity, so it's 3 stories (from 12/5 plus yesterday's kudos) short not including today of course. Thanks again for taking care of us!

Community Manager

Hi Everyone,

Yes, we will be investigating the system that updates your display counts. Stay tuned. Thanks!
Jen

Nationally Recognized

Thanks Jennifer!

Seriously though, really look into this because I used to design websites. Its a simple code that needs to be put into the computer program (an accounting equation) that will take X + pts = and it will automatically update itself and find the errors and correct the balance immediately. 

Thanks for all of your reassurance in this!

Nationally Recognized

Hi JenniferH,  how about the original issue that I brought up to get this conversation started.  Disappearing, multiple times with the same story, srories.  Then it evolved into the issue with the incorrect account numbers that are displayed and credited.   Thanks for checking into everything for all of us.  I understand it can be difficult at times.

Nationally Recognized

@gefe57,

Lol, sorry for cutting into your conversation. All of these issues are stemming from the codes written in the program for this website. It's an IT issue and they're trying to figure it out.

And I don't want to cut into this but she mentioned in one of her posts that it might have something to do with the "spam setting" also known as a 'code" written for this website (just elaborating on what she was trying to say) and if you type something the wrong way, (words, phrases, using certain icons) the code in the program will automatically think it's spam and delete the story. (Kind of like when you go on a website and you have to choose all the squares that have a car in it. If you get one wrong, it will block you and lock you out).

It's just a safeguard for websites because so many sites are getting hacked these days and taking over codes in programs to steal peoples credit card info, personal info etc.) So I guess it's a good thing we don't have to go through identifying who we are by picking all of the squares that have cars in order to publish one of our stories. Yet they're trying to figure out how to make this site easy to use for us, while still trying to maintain our personal data etc.

It's all in the "code" of the program because the other day for the life of me there should have been no reason why it kept deleting our stories.  :) We'll just have to be patient and let them try to figure out which code is producing these errors. Because there are probably thousands of them to go through one at a time while testing it. And if they put in the wrong code or don't write it correctly, it will make that function not work correctly.

I guess the way I see it is that when we're having these error messages, it was some code IT messed with and when we bring it to their attention, they know that wasn't the code producing the error and they put the code back the way it was and move on to the next code they think could be causing the problem. Just my theory...

I still can't get my map to work...

Hope that helps answer your question.

Internationally Known

Be glad you weren't here back in the early summer, you'd have went ballistic INeedAVacation ;) - it was bad, no points for a couple of months, blasted by page after page of Asian spam every other day....It's all a wonderful world here now pretty much compared to then.