cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Barclay IT Dept, Why are our stories disappearing?

Internationally Known

Re: Dear Barclay IT Dept, Why are our stories disappearing?

@Liketraveling, back at cha friend. Been enjoying your Australia stories. We met a young man from Sydney on our last trip to Italy who had sold everything to globetrot and do the workaway life. He made us promise to go to Australia sometime. We've never been east of Hawaii since we got the Europe addiction of late, but 3 trips there in the last 1.5 years has got it under control, so we're thinking of heading down under next year! In Kudos jail here now, so might as well go get some sleep! ;)

Internationally Known

@Ed4000: Oh, Australia...you gonna love it. Bring as much time as you possibly can and when you plan your trip, check out the sites left and right of the main thoroughfares. A great start is the trip from Melbourne to Sydney. Melbourne has nonstop flights from the U.S. and you can return from Sydney. The distance between the two cities is only 1,000 km but don’t be fooled, there is so much to see and do along the way. Took us two months and we could have easily stayed longer. Enjoy!!

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Yes, just wanted to say that all of the new contributors on the site are great! Glad to see the activity picking back up. It seemed like over the summer it was down, but maybe everyone was just on fun trips and now they are writing about them :)

Australia is my ultimate dream vacation, but we are waiting until we can do it right. Becuase of that pesky little thing called work, we can only take about a week or so off. I want to wait until we can go for a long period of time.

Internationally Known

markr867, time is the reason we've put Australia off as well.  And I always thought that if we took all the time and expense to get that far, might as well jump over to New Zealand too. So that's even more time! Oh, and those dark days of summer I think were due to the major malfunctions of the point tracking on the site during that time. Lost a couple of good ones then, like starrysteph. But we're running on all cylinders now it seems!

Internationally Known

Oh, yes, the time when we didn't get points for over three months. Let's not go back to that!! I also hope that starrysteph makes her way back someday! I enjoyed reading her stories.

Internationally Known

@Ed4000: Time is definitely essential for a trip to Australia. Honestly, combining Australia with New Zealand stretches it a bit. New Zealand itself has so much to offer and is far larger than it might appear on a map. Plus you have two islands, and each is worth a visit. I personally would rather add Tasmania (ferry or 1 hour flight from Melbourne), pure wilderness in parts and a living zoo. Just be prepared for rough weather. 

Yeah, what happened to StarrySteph? She was all over the map and I always enjoyed her stories...

Nationally Recognized

Ed4000, I'm trying my desktop this morning.  So far so good.  I did not get credit for three of my four stories yesterday.  Oh well, 

Internationally Known

Did everyone's points update for yesterday? I wrote 8 stories but my points didn't increase at all yet.

Internationally Known

No credit yet for yesterday, but it's still early

Nationally Recognized

Markr 867, So I guess I'm not the only one missing story credits for yesterday.  I thought it had to do with all the disappearing acts that were going on.