cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear Barclay IT Dept, Why are our stories disappearing?

Nationally Recognized

Dear Barclay IT Dept, Why are our stories disappearing?

I don't like to beat topics into the ground but this is a topic that seems to be having an affect on several of us here in the community.  Yesterday I submitted only three stories because it seemed to take forever because one of the stories kept disaperaing, two times seems to be my magic number so far with the third story finally making it.  This morning I had to rewrite two stories three times.  This is even after I have received some kudos and even the kudos disapeared.  If possible can the IT Dept look into this problem and help us all out so we don't have to keep duplicating our stories.  Other than that, love the Community.

40 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Dear Barclay IT Dept, Why are our stories disappearing?

I've had it happen a couple of times, but it's been a couple of weeks ago at least. I've not had any trouble lately. Sounds like you're having big problems. What browser are you using? I'm using Firefox Quantum on Win 7 & 10 desktops, never on the phone.

Nationally Recognized

Mostly I’ve been using my laptop with windows 10 and Google Chrome for the majority of my stories.  I’ve used my iPad for some and my iPhone for a few.  The majority of the problems are with my laptop.  

I’ve been in kudo jail so I’ll have to play catch up later. Hahahaha!

Nationally Recognized

I've read on here several times about being in "kudos jail". What is that? Are we only allowed to give a specific number of kudos per day or month? And if so, how many?

Thanks!

Internationally Known

kudo limit is 50 per hour and/or 100 per day (rolling 24 hour period). After that it stops you from giving any more until enough time has passed to get you into next hour or clear part of the 24 hour period. For example, if you give 75 kudos at 11pm, then 25 more at 8am next day, you'll be in "kudos jail" until 11pm that day, when you could give only 75 more (because of the 25)  until 8am the following day after that. I think that's right, but not 100% on how it works.

Nationally Recognized

That’s how I understand it and I’m glad you replied because you did a much better job explaining than I could have.  I was on late last night giving “gifts” so I have only been able to give a couple out here and there throughout the day.  I’ll try for an early release so I can get the kudos out tomorrow.  Hahahaha!

Highlighted
Internationally Known

gefe57, It's easy to get carried away when there are so many interesting story writers out there! We have a great bunch of contributors here lately, Happy Holidays everyone and Kudos all around!

Internationally Known

Yep, same for me here. Reading a lot of interesting stuff lately (congrats also to some new contributers), thinking about my next trip already. Thanks all for contributing to this community. If we could only interact more! @ED4000, I would have loved to hear more about your trips to Eastern Europe and your (and your wife's) experience volunteering in remote places. Kudos!! (am in kudo jail again this time of the day)

Nationally Recognized

#ed4000,

Holy cow you give 100 Kudos per day!! How on earth do you find that many stories? I see the same ones until someone writes a new one.... And isn't Kudos a candy bar? lol

Internationally Known

@INeedAVacation, just click on the author's name beside their little picture, and it will open up a box, go down to "view profile" and click that, then voila'! all the stories they've ever written open up for your reading pleasure. 6 to a page, and however many pages full they have below that. Other interesting stats show up as well for that person, and their place map etc. Enjoy!

oh, and these kudos are much more addictive than the chocolate kind....;)