cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D-Day, I wish I could have been there for the Anniversary

Internationally Known

D-Day, I wish I could have been there for the Anniversary

I had mentioned somewhere in a thread here that my son had the honor of participating in the D-Day Anniversary celebration.  He is a Navy Seal (so I won’t include his group photo just before they jumped) and he and some of his guys were chosen to fly the English Channel and parachute to the same location as D-Day.  I can’t write a travel story because I wasn’t there but the pictures are worth sharing.  My son took these looking out the open rear ramp of the C-130 he was in.  Yep, proud PaPa.  AF9758E5-57F8-467F-BBC4-02300D7BA7FF.jpegF1702D0F-A3D6-4388-8439-C631ED92D217.jpeg03EB6121-0889-42A0-AEAD-3922EE2296EA.jpeg

7 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: D-Day, I wish I could have been there for the Anniversary

Thank you for your post and the photos. You should be so proud of your son! Surely you were a strong, wonderful influence on him. It takes a very special person to have accomplished all that he has, so far.

And, it is always very touching to me to hear stories from families with loved ones who dedicate their lives to protect our country. I appreciate everything they do, the time away from home, the intense training, I just can't imagine all that it entails to achieve the high level status of being a Seal. What a guy!

Wishing him all the best, safe journeys and many happy landings. 

RJean
Nationally Recognized

Amazing!! Thank you so much for sharing your story and your photos!  I know you are very proud  

Internationally Known

Wow Jeff, what an honor and an experience of a lifetime for your son .  Thanks for sharing the pics, I can 't imagine the depth of pride and emotion he must have had on that plane and as he floated down to those hallowed grounds. Just awesome, and thanks to your son for his service.

Internationally Known

You have every right to be proud.  Thank you for sharing!

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Great story and photos! Must have been an amazing experience for him!  Thanks for sharing.

Nationally Recognized

Thank you to your son Jeff! We are so grateful to him and those who serve!

Internationally Known

Hats off to your Son for his service and bravery. This must have been an incredible honor. Outstanding photographs!