Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Give Kudos on Discussion Threads

Highlighted
Nationally Recognized

Cannot Give Kudos on Discussion Threads

Hi All:

For some reason, I cannot always give Kudos on discussion threads. There are some really good, well written comments on here and I would like to show my appreciation for them. Is anybody else experiencing this? It happens to me on both the computer and on my mobile device.

11 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Cannot Give Kudos on Discussion Threads

If this was a trick to get people to kudo you in this discussion thread just to see if they can successfully do it...it worked on me!

In all seriousness, I have intermittently experienced this issue as well, and I thank you for bringing it up.

Internationally Known

This is so funny!!

Nationally Recognized

Well, that was not my intent...but your reply is timely. I actually tried to kudo a couple of your posts on another thread but I was denied.

I was curious if I was the only one experiencing the problem, or if it was a bug on the website...then suddenly I received kudos on a post about not being able to recieve kudos. Oh, the irony...

Nationally Recognized

Well, I still cannot give Kudos on any threads. Hopefully the bug will be fixed soon. Thanks to all for confirming the problem.

Internationally Known

I've had no problems with this issue yet that I've noticed. If this is a helpful and kudoable reply, I have no problems with that either ;)

Nationally Recognized

Yes, it was a helpful reply, but no I cannot kudo it. Sorry. :-(

Community Manager

Re: Re: Cannot Give Kudos on Discussion Threads

Hi @BelfryBat thank you for reporting. We have tested kudos on the discussion board and have not been able to replicate the issue.

Are you experiencing inability to kudo discussions consistently or is it happening from time to time? If you could send a link to the post you are unable to kudo and outline if it is consistent users you are unable to kudo, that would be helpful. Have you experienced trouble on desktop or mobile? 

Thank you! As much detail you can provide will help us in trying to find a root cause and solution. 

Nationally Recognized

Hi Bethany -  thanks for the response. I am unable to kudo your post, ironically. In fact, I don't think that I have been able to kudo any posts on this thread - or others. I would say I have about a 90% failure rate when trying to kudo any post in any discussion thread on here.

The problem persists on my mobile device - Android with DuckDuckGo browser and on my computer (PC with Firefox).

Let me log back in with Internet Explorer and see what happens...

Nationally Recognized

Well, now that I dusted off Internet Explorer, I can give Kudos again. Interesting. I have not used Internet Explorer in years...