cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can an authorized user post his stories for a credit

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Can an authorized user post his stories for a credit

I was wondering if anyone has an answer. Can an authorized user on the account also post stories to get miles? If so would they be eligible for the 100 stories as well?

6 Replies
Stately Explorer

Re: Can an authorized user post his stories for a credit

I'm not sure, but that sounds like a great way to increase your story count. By the way, did I miss something? What do you mean by "eligible for the 100?" I hadn't heard about anything happening at 100, although I have a way go yet. I'm a very slow poster. 

Happy Travels ~

Internationally Known

I think that's referring to the 100 stories per month cap. We can post 5 stories about a particular town/city (ever), and 100 stories per month. So the question is, would an authorized user be able to contribute towards their own cap (and thus double the cap on the account), or would all users' stories be counted towards the same cap?

Stately Explorer

Thanks, Echochaser21, I do remember someone saying that about the 100 stories. I guess we need a moderator to weigh in on this one.

Stately Explorer

Definitely a queston for a moderator to answer but from my perspective, I would say no because authorized users are not able to redeem points for their travel as it is not their account. Excellent question though and hopefully a moderator will provide a definitive answer.  

Internationally Known

I guess no one has experience with this question. I guess I need to reach out to the moderator.

thanks

Community Manager

Re: Re: Can an authorized user post his stories for a credit

Hi @victoria_pa thank you for your question, a Travel Community profile can only be linked to one Arrival account. An authorized user can earn miles as a non-cardmember, but will not be able to earn miles for the same account as the primary cardmember. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions. Looking forward to seeing more of your content in the community!