cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C'mon Fess Up!

Internationally Known

Re: C'mon Fess Up!

Not only a great question, but fascinating responses!  I wanted a geologic term that would be a little lesser known than the traditional versions - 'migmatite' is a highly metamorphosed rock that is often associated with the roots of ancient mountain ranges.  Esoteric for sure :-)

Internationally Known

A quick tip o' the hat to you sir Jeff. The work negotiations have broken down, so the road beckons. Yay! And thanks to you, I've spent the last couple days preparing the house for shut down, and singing out loud about howlin' old owls,  hunting horny back toads and drinking vodka and tonics. Oh, and also comparing my retirement to finding my future lies....beyond the Yellow Brick Road.

Internationally Known

@Migmatite , that's a cool name and I enjoyed you sharing your reasoning!  I confess my geological knowledge failed me on knowing about that particular rock! Never stop learning!

now how are we going to lure some others here? I'm anxiously waiting to hear from the likes of Stormtroopin  & Mimiplumb to name just a couple.....

Internationally Known

Ed, Let the adventures begin.  Congratulations!  I still have a little while before my wife can retire so we have to deal with the limitations of her vacation time accrual (and then there is always the limitations of the almighty dollar).  I love the comparison to Good Bye Yellow Brick Road.  Hahahahaha! 

Internationally Known

I honestly don't remember how I came up with mine, other than that my birthday is on the 21st of the month. I'm a little younger than Ed and Jeff (mid-30's) so the big AOL boom was when I was a teen and while I never had an AOL address, Echochaser21 just had a nice ring to it and I've used it for various logins etc. ever since!

Internationally Known

Echochaser21,  you know what they say, your memory is the first thing to go.  Hahahahaha!

Internationally Known

Great thread you started, Ed4000!

Back when I was a young kid, could have been maybe 5th or 6th grade, a friend of my dad's gave me a cassette tape of some rock music which he thought I might like. It ended up being none other than that of The Motor City Madman, The 'Nuge, better known as Theodore Nugent. One of the songs that stuck with me was entitled Stormtroopin'. I ended up making it the name of some of my first emails/ screen names. Eventually it became popular enough to the point that I couldn't routinely register it alone, but by throwing a "2" at the end, I have yet to be thwarted! And now you know the rest of the story.

Internationally Known

That’s a good story and a good song, I was more partial to Stranglehold (released the same year).  But let’s bump up a year to ‘76, my graduation year, and play Free for All.   There were a lot of great artists in the ‘70’s.  

Internationally Known

Hey Ed, remember I said I would use the name Rocketman?  Well I used that with more added onto it for a new email name.  Standby for more. 

Internationally Known

Worked great Ed