cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blurry pictures

Internationally Known

Blurry pictures

I realized today that when I added pictures to my stories and posted them, the pictures got blurry. I have a fairly decent camera, so the picture quality is not in question. Wonder if that's an issue with others as well?...Over the last weeks, I have seen blurry pictures from other travelers a couple of times, always thought it was just a smart phone issue...but maybe not?

7 Replies
Nationally Recognized

Re: Blurry pictures

My phone camera has gotten pretty wonky, but I am surprised at how bad the quality can be sometimes. I just think the resolution is shrunk down when posted.

Internationally Known

@LikeTraveling, I sometimes think its a combination of both.  Some pictures are just blurry and some get blurry as the program reduces quality totake up less storage space.  But I'm far from a tech Geek so that's just my guess.  I know I have had some shots I wanted to use but they were a little blurry to start so I didn't use them.  

Internationally Known

Yeah, that’s probably the reason, they just take up too much space....bummer. At least it is not a photo contest:-)

Still, it is always fun to see great shots. Megapixeltravel has some really good ones, congrats. Seems to travel with a lot of equipment? 

My wife and I get more and more lazy, instead of schlepping around our quite decent cameras, we use the smart phone more often although the quality is still not the same.

Internationally Known

My wife and I have the Pixel phones, and I'm amazed by the pictures they can take sometimes. Of course they don't measure up to DSLR megapixeltravel type quality, but much better than any of the point and shoots I've tried over the years. I've gotten into GoPro video, so I already have too much junk to haul around with that to add DSLR equipment. The hard part is avoiding blowback from the wife as I can't get 10 feet down the trail without juggling back and forth between phone pics and gopro shooting !

Internationally Known

• @Ed4000: I know exactly what you are talking about, that’s how my wife hikes...10 feet, a million pictures, the next 10 feet... :-) I am the one who ends up organizing this stuff at home. I still prefer to give pictures a name like where it was and what...otherwise it is absolutely impossible to remember all this stuff. Digital is really the killer. Even on short vacations we now take more than 500 pictures...at least it is way cheaper, we always ended our vacation with a $ 300+ bill at the film developer :-(

Smart phones really have improved a lot. We have a Samsung (had better reviews for the camera than the iphone at that time) and we are quite happy with it.

Internationally Known

I sometimes have a blurry picture and it is strictly due to running after my family when they are too impatient to wait for me to take pics. Despite having a really nice camera, I typically only use my iphone. 

Internationally Known

Hahahahaha!  Blurr happens!