cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be careful who you kudo

Internationally Known

Re: Be careful who you kudo

@twtravels, I know what you mean. I am only able to see the last person who gave me a kudo on each story. Which is unfortunate, because it buries the others who gave me kudos. Unless you are online while they are giving you a kudo, there is no way to tell as far as I know.

Internationally Known

Yeah, it only gives you the name of the most recent person to kudo ("So-And-So-User and 3 others gave you kudos"). The best way I've found to really let someone know you like their stories is to go through and kudo a bunch at a time, including digging back a few pages or more into their stories - that way, if a more recent story gets many kudos, they'll still see your name pop up on their older stuff. Chances are that's good for both of you, as the the person reading/kudo-ing gets to read fun stories and collect travel ideas, and the person who has been kudo-ed can more easily return the favor if they wish.

Internationally Known

@Echochaser, looking at your badges earned, you don't seem to be very generous in giving kudos. Wonder how often you actually give several kudos to one person at a time? 

Otherwise I fully agree with you that it is always worthwhile to dig around past stories. Great that you brought this up.

Internationally Known

For whatever reason, sometimes all badges aren't shown on the main profile. It looks like Echochaser did earn the 100 kudos given badge on 06-06-2017. I can vouch that they do repay kudos!

Internationally Known

That's great to hear, just shows no system is perfect. No offense @Echochaser, I was just wondering...hope you don't take it personal.

Internationally Known

I don't believe that there is a way to just follow certain users, but you can search for them and get to their page of stories or just click on their profile if you see them in the recent travel stories section. 

What I do when I see a new profile is click on their profile and see if they are giving out kudos to other users. I only think that it is fair to return the love. I also do my best to return kudos when I receive them. I am a *little* behind due to some health stuff that has come up, but I am trying to catch up :)

As far as content goes, as long as people are not blatently ripping off of the internet or using the same info for multiple stories, I try to not judge. I am not a great writer and  I usually have at least one kid yellign for me or running around  me providing distraction...

Thanks for pointing out the repetative stories. It's always good to let the rest of us know!!

Internationally Known

Another question, under profile:

Is "story kudos" the number of kudos you get and "total kudos" the number you give? 

Also, out of curiousity how many people give their daily limit of kudos? I would say i give atleast 50-75 a day. Although now that I know how to access older stories easier i may be able to hit 100 more regularly. 

Nationally Recognized

I’m not necessarily on here every day but the days I log on, I try to give as many kudos as possible. I’d guess that of the days I log on, I average 25-50 kudos given. I’ll hit the 50 kudos within an hour limit a lot of times and then not be on the rest of the day to give out any more. 

I don’t think they list how many kudos are given. I was under the impression that “story kudos” are the kudos you get on stories only, and “total kudos” are the total of what you have gotten between stories and threads. 

Internationally Known

Yep, dallasp92 is correct. Total kudos include kudos from posts on the message board. Story kudos are solely on your stories written. 

I typically hit the daily limit of 100, through a combination of old stories and new content. There seems to be a lot of new people here lately, which is great!

Internationally Known

Same here, like Markr867 I hit the daily limit pretty much every single day. I do have a different system though. I track where my kudos go to and I usually start with the oldest stories and work my way to the newest. Next time I kudo the same person, I start where I finished off the last time. Makes it easier for me when someone frequently posts new stories. Occasionally I give 50 kudos to one person.