cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Be careful who you kudo

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Be careful who you kudo

I joined  a year ago, but have only been active for a few months, so maybe this is all normal and happens a lot... But this week, I have noticed a lot of strange stuff. Very well written stories that have photos that do not match up. I mean they have absolutley nothing to do with the story. Like a photo of a wild animal with a story about a restaurant and no explanation in the story or mention of the animal. Or using the same photo for 3 different cities and the photo has nothing to do with 2 of the stories. It's just bizarre, the stories are well written, but how is it possible that after they post it, they can't see that this photo has nothing to do with the story? It's obvious they have never been there or something strange is going on. Just be careful who you kudo, as at first glance, they are so well written that they seem legit. These stories are also cranked out really fast. 

32 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Be careful who you kudo

I forgot to add... Is this just people desperate to get points before months end? Do you just ignore this? Or flag?  I'm off to work... didn't get to send out my kudos love this morning because I was so distracted by some of the bizarre things this morning. Will catch up tomorrow.

Internationally Known

Trips4me, I responded to your first post but my response disappeared. 

Internationally Known

Spoiler

Yep, saw that too and wondered why this person not even bothered to change the picture. Not giving a single kudo for stories like this. 

I also realized that unfortunately the number of people who never give back seems to increase quite a bit. I checked out the top 100 kudos recipients a couple of times. Probably comes down to 20 or so who make an effort to reward those who share the kudo love in the first place (although I agree that it is time consuming to keep track and reward accordingly). Maybe it was Spring Break’s fault?

Giving kudos is for me also a great way to discover new adventure opportunities. As an example, I got really inspired by dchd4321’s stories about her trip through Southern Africa. 

Glad to see that some folks like you and Gefe57 rediscovered this travel community. Makes it a lot more active.

Internationally Known

I just wish I would've rediscovered it sooner.  Oh well, at least I'm here now.  I really enjoy reading the stories and looking at the pictures.  I have made additions to my bucket list.  Gonna check off a few locations next February.  I have added Southern Africa to my bucket list because of stories here, like dchd4321's stories about her trip.  I just don't think my wife would like it there. 

Internationally Known

I guess I need to start paying better attention!  I definitely have people I follow because I love their content, but I will start looking a little more closely at unfamiliar accounts.  I love this site for travel ideas!

Internationally Known

Gefe57, did you use another fake expletive? haha! Maybe that is why they deleted your comment like before!  I saw your comment about the person using the same text for three stories. Geez, I can understand a mistake or two, but three! Strike three and you are out! Multiple offenders in a row. Really bizarre. I see the Mods deleted those. Now, I wish the other person would go back and fix the stories that are wrong instead of continuing to crank more stories out. I see they have one with the wrong building. 

Liketraveling, Maybe they should have a leaderboard for GIVING kudos.  I’m starting to get disillusioned, though. I don’t even know who to Kudo anymore. After what I have been seeing lately, I’m honestly less worried about who is or isn’t giving kudos and more worried about trying to decipher which accounts are legit or not. 

Ihpie10, yeah, I think we all just need to watch a bit closer. I can’t remember who it was who noticed the kudo king/queen with no recent stories… but I would have never noticed that, so I’m glad they pointed it out. And blatant stuff like that should be flagged by a bunch of us. 

Internationally Known

Trips4me, so you saw my comments before they got deleted.  The one that talked about gibberish.  I've been out running errands and still have more to do before next Tuesday.  I'll be laid up for awhile but hopefully not too long.   

Internationally Known

The stories I was writing about are now starting on page 5.  I don't get it that those stortiesare still posted.

Internationally Known

Oh, I see now.  Yeah it's not okay to just copy and paste same story 3 times. Geez. 

I may have flagged that story this morning too! That was when all the craziness was going on. Multiple new accounts suddenly posting stories. Stories with wrong photos. etc. I just got on here, so I need to scroll through and see what was removed and what wasn't.