cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's AA Aviator?

Internationally Known

Barclay's AA Aviator?

Is it ok to ask questions about that card here as well? I have a potential question/issue, but don't want to violate any community rules. Thanks!

7 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Barclay's AA Aviator?

Hi Teebeetoo:

I have asked about other Barclays cards in these forums and have not had any trouble. I think it's okay to discuss any and all Barclay cards here.

We have had some good discussions about their choice, Wyndham, and Premier cards on here.

Highlighted
Internationally Known

Thanks! I am wondering whether anyone has ever had a hard getting their AA points bonus to post. I got the card in November it was the offer that should have been 60k points after one purchase, but the points have not posted yet. I'm curious if it has just taken a while for others, or what. Thanks in advance for your replies! I've been out of the loop for a while but it's good to be back!

Internationally Known

For that bonus to post you have to pay the annual fee too. Did you do that, and have a statement close after paying the annual fee? 

Community Manager

Hello Teebeetoo. We would happy to answer any generalized questions about any of our cards. Please be aware, we will not be able to discuss account specific details due to this being a public forum. Thank you. ^DJ

Community Manager

Hello Teebeetoo. You will earn the welcome bonus of 60,000 Miles after making your first purchase within 90 days of the account opening date, and posting a payment for the annual fee. Once these requirements have been met, qualifying accounts will receive the welcome bonus 4 to 6 weeks after the date on which the qualifications were met; this is approximately 1 to 2 billing cycles.  The annual fee typically posts to the statement which follows the last day of your opening month. 

Since your AAdvantage Miles account is handled primarily by American Airlines, you are not able to process redemptions on our website, although you are able to view your total Miles on the first page after login.  This information is located on the far-right of the screen under “Total AAdvantage Miles”.  To process a redemption, please visit www.aa.com or contact AAdvantage Rewards Department directly at 1-800-882-8880.  Representatives are available Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m. ET for your convenience.

All miles earned within a billing cycle are automatically transferred to American Airlines after your cycle closing date each month. If the closing date falls on a weekend or holiday, your statement will close on the previous business day.

Once the miles have been transferred to American Airlines, they will deposit them into your linked AAdvantage Miles account.  This process is typically completed within 4 to 6 weeks of your statement closing date. 

To review the reward miles earned using your AAdvantage Aviator MasterCard within the recent billing cycles on your account, select the 'View rewards' tab located on the home page of our website and then select the 'Rewards history' link located near the top of the page.  We hope you find this information helpful. Thanks. ^DJ

Internationally Known

I had thought so, but it looks like my statement date my actually be the 12th of this month, so I'll stay tuned;)

Internationally Known

I'm a fan of the Aviator Card and I view it as a "keeper." 10% of redeemed miles back (capped at 10k annually), access to AA reduced mileage awards, free checked bag and priority boarding (even on basic economy fares) are solid bennies. It doesn't hurt that mine is a converted US Airways card with an annual 10k bonus miles for paying the annual fee. 

This card used to have frequent targeted bonus miles offers sent via snail mail. Sadly those seem to have dried up. In any case I find Barclays way more pleasant to deal with than Citi, who also issues AA cards.