cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any thought about adding the ability to transfer points

Highlighted
City Slicker

Any thought about adding the ability to transfer points

Is there any consideration to add to Barclay arrival card the ability to transfer points to airlines like AMEX and Chase Saphire preferred do ?

How valuable that would be to members ? So far very pleased with the card still. Might cancel Chase Saphire preferred when annual fee is due, because this card is superior is some aspects. Earning rate primary reason. Points post immediately as soon transaction is posted.

Erez

19 Replies
Highlighted
Stately Explorer

Re: Any thought about adding the ability to transfer points

That would be great but most of the hotels and airlines are tied to other banks. Barclays does have some good airline partners like Lufthansa, so a transfer partner like them would be great.

Highlighted
Internationally Known

This would be a fantastic feature. Would love to see Jenny pass the suggestion along to Barclays! 

Would be an interesting group of transfer partners but would up the value of the card for sure. Barclays has the following for hotels & airlines:

US Airways

Air Lingus

China Airlines

Frontier

Lufthansa

Iceland Air

Best Western

Choice

Wyndham

Highlighted
City Slicker

Highlighted
City Slicker

What do you mean by Barklay card HAS the following airlines & hotels?

Highlighted
Stately Explorer

He means they issue credit cards for those airlines and now they also issue Hawaiian Airlines MasterCard. Typically the existing partners are the ones more likely to become transfer partners. So if Arrival did offer points transfer it would probably be with those airlines.

Highlighted
City Slicker

I just opened my card today so I am reading everything and determining a "plan".  I just wanted to add that when I did call the 800 # to find out about transferring points from my AMEX they were pretty definative that it will not happen.

c'est la vie. I guess if you are stealth enough you could work both.

I will say that I was assigned the 18% apr and she said this is the apr always upon activation, is that true? Once I use and pay it then I can request a lower %. My credit score is high so I was pretty surprised.

Cheers!

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi @Beetrixkiddo Thank you for your comments and feedback. In order to answer your question efficiently and securely, would you mind visiting our messaging center? After you log in at BarclaycardUS.com please select “Contact Us” in the top right corner. Our care representative will be able to explain the terms on your account. Thank you.

Highlighted
City Slicker

reply Gr8 friend.

Highlighted
City Slicker

I would call and speak with them regarding your APR. I opened mine about 3months ago and got a 0% apr. Never hurts to try. Even if they dont honor anything less you will love the cards ease of using the rewards and its benefits. I must admit when i first redeemed them it took literally 5 minutes by phone and i was like "thats it", "your'e sure i have to do nothing else". the women helping me kind of giggled saying yep thats it. Best of luck