cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any other fans of roadfood.com

Internationally Known

Any other fans of roadfood.com

I learned about this website on the splendid table website and always check it out for road trips, as I mentioned in my recent post about a BBQ joint.  Any other fans?  What places or regional foods have you learned about from it?  Finally, any other suggestions for places to learn about local places to eat?  I prefer to avoid the chains when a local option is good!

5 Replies
Internationally Known

Re: Any other fans of roadfood.com

ihpie10, I’ve never heard of that site before.  I just checked it out and it looks pretty cool.  I’ll have to explore it further.  The only dining apps I’ve used are where I can earn more United or Southwest miles.  I have the same app for some of my other loyalty programs but I use those two most often.  

Internationally Known

Great site! They need some help in the Vermont department;)

Internationally Known

Hey @gefe! Which apps do you use for getting those airline miles?

Internationally Known

United is  dining.mileageplus.com

southwest is rapidrewardsdining.com

american is  aadvantagedining.com

Alaska Airlines, Hawaiian Airlines, Hilton and IHG have dining rewards programs as well.  If I remember correctly Delta and JetBlue have dining sites as well.   Just do a quick search to find them.  

They have a small selection of restaurants but they are all over.  When we go somewhere I’ll usually check the app to see if there is a restaurant close by that earns points and I want to eat at.  You may even find a local restaurant that you enjoy eating at.  Be advised that the restaurant could stop participation at anytime. I have earned a lot of airline miles through these programs.  I have even been surprised and got points without knowing the restaurant participates.  But, remember to complete the very short survey you receive via email or you won’t get the points.   Don’t let the “survey” discourage participation, it takes about a minute or less to complete.  Very simple.  If you reach a certain number of dining’s the number of points you earn per dollar increases.  

When you create an account you register what ever cards you want with the site, even debit cards no the remember to use a registered card to pay for your meals at participating restaurants.  

If if you use United airlines there is an app for store purchases, the stores that participate are listed on the app.  You will earn a 5% bonus if you have your United credit card registered on your account.  But, it is not mandatory to have a United card.  I have mine registered on my account but I usually use either my Arrival+ or my Freedom Unlimited.  I get more points with them than the United card.  That app is United MileagePlus X.  

Sorry, I know that was a lot.  Check it out.

Internationally Known

I've never heard of it either, but looks interesting.  Will need to check it out!  Did a quick check for near me and some definite good options popped up.  Very cool!