cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Search to Find Travel Details

County Wise

Advanced Search to Find Travel Details

I was searching geographically for locations I plan to visit in the next year. I wonder is there also a way to do an advanced search for a certain hotel, attraction, or restaurant from travel details others have posted?

I know this site is growing and it may be that the searches I typed just didn't turn up anyone who has included such a detail yet.

6 Replies
Community Manager

Re: Advanced Search to Find Travel Details

Hi @highops Thanks for the feedback! Yes, we are working toward a more sophisticated search function on the site that will inlcude keyword searching in all details. And, just an FYI, your home page is tailored to your profile selections. To change the type of stories you see, edit your profile for more choices. Otherwise, you can search stories for specific types of trips or cities you will be visiting. Stay tuned for updates in the future when we expand the search capabilities! Thanks again and welcome to the community!

Stately Explorer

Is there something like a map search for all stories (not just recent ones)? There is a map at the bottom of the main page, http://barclaycardtravel.com/ , but it only reflects most recent postings (last 24 hours, maybe). It would be nice if a similar feature existed for *all* stories.

What I meant is something like what they have on panoramio.com.

Obviously, the map would be very crowded, but once you zoom in, you could find out if anything has ever been posted for a particular small location.

That could be more convenient than text search, since nearby locations may often be in different municipalities / counties, and be indexed with different words.

Community Manager

Hi @tumbleweed_farm Great ideas! We are actually implementing a few changes this week on the site and an improved map experience is included. We agree that the map is a terrific way to search and explore all the terrific stories. Stay tuned for more updates. Thanks again!

Nationally Recognized

Hey JenniferH... what changes were made to the map?  Just curious.  :)

Community Manager

We published the ability to view the entire map from the top of the website that allows users to explore the map by zooming in and out in a new window. We're looking to add additional search functionality to the map as well.

Stately Explorer

Well, that's just a bigger map, but it still only shows the most recent postings (last 24 hours maybe). What would actually be useful is an ability to see *all* postings geotagged for a given map area. (Obviously, that would only be feasible with a sufficient amount of zoom, due to crowding).