Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1000 Kudos Celebration Party!!

Internationally Known

Re: 1000 Kudos Celebration Party!!

That's an excellent idea! congrats

Nationally Recognized

I was really hoping to get a good blast of kudus in to day, since today will be the last day to record points for the month (tomorrow's points won't (normally) show up until Wednesday), but it seems they are on to me. I've been locked out since this morning, something about a flood of kudus, I don't know. I thought I'd figured out how to beat the system by going back in every two hours, but you know. So, good luck everybody and keep those stories coming. I'm still reading so I can kudu even faster when I'm back in action. Ta ta for now.

Internationally Known

It seems like the kudos limit is based on a 24 hour rolling period. 

You can only give 50 kudos each hour, and only 100 every 24 hours. So if you give 50 kudos between 8-9AM, and another 50 from 9-10AM, you won't be able to give any kudos until at least 8AM the next day. It isn't a daily limit that resets at midnight. Hopefully that made sense.

Nationally Recognized

@markr867 wrote:

It seems like the kudos limit is based on a 24 hour rolling period. 

You can only give 50 kudos each hour, and only 100 every 24 hours. So if you give 50 kudos between 8-9AM, and another 50 from 9-10AM, you won't be able to give any kudos until at least 8AM the next day. It isn't a daily limit that resets at midnight. Hopefully that made sense.

Yes, indeed, and I'd give a kudu if I could. 

Community Manager

Hello everyone! 

Thank you for your posts here. Just to confirm - the 100 kudo limit is based on a monthly average that is calculated on a rolling 30 day period. We established this limit to ensure kudos are provided for quality stories that help make the community a credible travel resource rather vs. quantity.

Any additional questions, please let us know. We look forward to continue reading all your stories.  

Thank you!

Nationally Recognized

Progress report - in between getting tossed into jail several times a day, I've managed 513 kudus. I've been to Japan, the Caribbean, Italy, Singapor, Charleston, Hawaii, Croatia, so as Rick Steves says, I'll keep on travelin'. :-)

Nationally Recognized

@SouthernWriter wrote:

I've managed 513 kudus

I realize it's a typo, but I like to imagine you're distributing actual kudus rather than kudos.

Nationally Recognized

Yes, those Indonesian cities are really hard to move. :-D

@Lenin1991 wrote:

@SouthernWriter wrote:

I've managed 513 kudus

I realize it's a typo, but I like to imagine you're distributing actual kudus rather than kudos.

Nationally Recognized

I love it.  I keep getting put in kudo jail also.  As a matter of fact I’m there right now. Only a few more and I’ll finally get to join the 1,000 kudo mark as well.  Keep the good stories coming.